Bilingual Clinic Support Specialist (On-Call)
Outside In operates under a harm reduction-model and serves as a primary care home to a diverse population of clients including, but not limited to, those who are underserved, marginalized, low income, and experiencing homelessness.Â The Clinic Support Specialist is essential to our multi-disciplinary medical team. Clinic Support Specialists provide reception, appointment check in, medical interpretation, and new patient registration. They assist patients applying for, and navigating, the Oregon Health Plan and Healthy Kids insurance programs. They provide outreach coordination for our mobile medical clinic and school based health center. Bilingual Spanish & English is a requirement of this position. This position is on-call and starting pay is $13.75/hr. The application deadline is 3/7/16. Responsibilities
- Medical interpretation Spanish/English as assigned.
- Oversee patient intake and reception for multiple clinic shifts.
- Verify patient insurance and assist with processing incoming records and records requests using Electronic Medical Records (EMR) systems.
- Provide intake, registration, scheduling and administrative tasks with our mobile medical clinic.
- Work at several outreach sites including homeless drop in centers and Cascadia Behavioral Health facilities.
- Work at our school based health center as needed.
- Support medical provider and medical assistant as needed.
- Be able to operate and drive our medical RV.
At Outside In, weâ€™re guided by a belief in each individualâ€™s potential for change and growth.Â Since 1968, we have been successfully empowering homeless youth and other marginalized communities to become healthy and self-sufficient. With a stable leadership team and a collaborative approach to community partnerships, we value hope, integrity and compassion.Â We believe our people are our greatest asset and we value their competence.Â Oregon Business Magazine ranked us as â€œOne of the 100 Best Nonprofits to work for in Oregonâ€ six times.Â At Outside In, your time and talent truly make a difference. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity.Â Multicultural and intersecting diversities are highly valued.
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English, both written and spoken.
- Ability to handle crisis situations & multiple tasks in high patient volume environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Current Oregon driverâ€™s license and clean driving record preferred.
- Strong reception and administrative skills with high accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technology and software, including Electronic Medical Records systems.
- Training or experience as a medical interpreter/translator preferred.
- Medical office or medical terminology background preferred.